It’s that time again! Happy birthday to me! And what better way to celebrate turning 54 than throwing another free bash for all you MTGO players out there? And I do believe this slug knows how to party!
Where Does All This Happen
Games will take place in the Play > Casual Play > Anything Goes (v3 client)/ Constructed Open Play > Getting Serious (beta client) play lobbies.
Event chat, player meeting, and pairing announcements will take place in the Slug channel. (v3) Type /join Slug in any chat window. (beta) Select channel #Slug from chat dropdown menu.
How Many Rounds Is It?
8-16 Players: 4 Rounds
17-32 Players: 5 Rounds
33-64 Players: 6 Rounds
65-128 Players: 7 Rounds
129+ Players: 8 Rounds
A Token of My Extreme
A huge thank you to Polish Tamales for agreeing to provide a token or emblem card hard drawn exclusively for Slugapalooza! I have no idea what he’s going to be making for you, I left it totally up to him. (What artist doesn’t love total creative freedom?)
This token or emblem card will be shipped via regular snailmail to the winner of this event.
Donations Are Rolling In
Face to Face Games has generously kicked in $50 store credit!
And yes, you’re reading that right. Face to Face Games and Cape Fear Games. Paper stores in two countries! You can win store credit that can be applied to purchases of physical cards, playmats, sleeves, whatever you like.
The Slug is an international phenom!
This event will be streamed live, from the Player’s Meeting to final math, on my USTREAM Channel.
Fair warning: I’m an old, angry punk, and my stream is most definitely Not Safe For Work/Family!
Thanks to the great folks at Wizards of the Coast, digital Theros boosters for MTGO will be part of the T8 prize pool! Is there anyone else who can provide this level of awesomeness for a PRE? No! The Slug delivers! (with help from his friends)
Each player entering Slugapalooza will receive a digital Rushwood Herbalist, as a gift from me to you.
Top 8 players will receive a digital foil Rushwood Herbalist, as well.
Winner will receive a full digital foil playset!
- All pairings and standings will be generated via Gatherling.
- Deck changes between games are not allowed.
- Games are played in the Anything Goes/Getting Serious play room. Games must be set as Modern, watchable, timed at 30 (v3)/25 (beta) minutes, best 2 of 3, and be marked “Slugapalooza Round x”.
- First person listed makes table. Players have 10 minutes to make and join tables from time of pairings announcement.
- Bullying, mobbing, foul language, & general rudeness will not be tolerated. This includes “snide remarks” about decks/playing ability, personal attacks, racial slurs, etc. A player will get 1 warning, then be ejected from event. Further violations after ejection may be screenshot & reported to WotC for harassment.
- Talking in other players games is discouraged. You may chat – within the guidlines above – within your own game. Violations by non event participants may be screenshot & reported to WotC for harassment.
- Results must be posted via Gatherling Player CP before intermission. Results posted in the Slugapalooza chat room, or via PM, will be ignored. Results not posted before intermission will be declared a 0-0 draw.
- WotC employees are welcome to play, but are ineligible for any prizes. We request no “shop talk”, unless prior arrangements are made.
- “Double Queueing” is not allowed. If you are found playing in another event, including WotC events, during Slugapalooza, you will be dropped from Slugapalooza.