Ham on Wry III
The Erik Friborg Celebration Classic
It’s that time. I’m going to ride this rocket once again. I am once more spitting in Death’s face, and celebrating the life and contributions of Erik Friborg.
Sunday, May 4th 2014
Noon EST/1600 UTC
Constructed Classic, X Rounds Swiss, T8
Announcements and game chat: /join HAM (v3 client), or channel #HAM (wide beta client)
Registration is open on Gatherling. Decklists are required.
Intentional Draws are allowed.
Players, pairings, and standings for this Event, along with the current Prize Pool, can be seen here. Note the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet for easy navigation. You can review past events, as well.
The Riot Act…
Bullying, mobbing, foul language, & general rudeness will not be tolerated. This includes “snide remarks” about decks/playing ability, personal attacks, racial slurs, etc. A player will get 1 warning. Repeat violations will result in disqualification from the Event. This will be enforced. Flagrant violations may be screenshot and reported to WotC for harassment.
Please refrain from talking in other players games, or PMing players in a game. This will allow players to concentrate fully without interruption. We cannot prevent players from talking within their own game. If both players in a game agree to allow “peanut gallery” chat, this rule may be waived. Violations by players will get 1 warning. Repeat violations may result in disqualification from the Event. Flagrant violations may be screenshot and reported to WotC for harassment.
As people playing in my events over the years can attest, I will get medieval if the situation so demands. Don’t make me get naked.
If you want to make a personal pledge, clan-based pledge, bounty of some sort, or a direct donation, let me know. You can also help support Erik’s family by buying cards from Hammybot.
One of the many wonderful things that came out of the first Ham on Wry project was Hammybot, which was set up by Heath over at MTGO Traders to sell off Erik’s MTGO collection. All of the proceeds from Hammybot are slated to go to Erik’s widow and boy-child.
Hammybot is still around, and prices are discounted to 5% below MTGO Traders list. Hammybot still has over 25,000 cards left, and almost 6,700 Tickets have been raised! Be sure to check out Hammybot first for all your card needs, and help out a good cause! At the first Ham on Wry event, several players put up cards, boosters, and tickets as personal pledges and bounties. You can use Hammybot to purchase cards for use as pledges or bounties for this year’s event for a double dose of good karma!
T32/$10 Bot Credit
5 x $5 Bot Credit Door Prizes
With this much chum in the waters, I expect a large turnout, with a great many sharks. Erik was no carebear when it came to gameplay. In fact, I’d call him downright cut-throat. I expect a significant percentage of players showing up to not be carebears, either.
Once again, to be clear:
There will be sharks. Oh yes, there will be sharks.
- Shipping on Booster Box is free within US only.
- Players receive 3 points for a match win, 1 point for a match draw.
- All pairings and standings will be generated via Gatherling.
- Deck changes between games are not allowed.
- Games are played in the Anything Goes/Getting Serious play room. Games must be set as Constructed Classic, watchable, timed at 30/25 minutes, best 2 of 3, and be marked “Ham Round x”.
- First person listed makes table. Players have 10 minutes to make and join tables from time of pairings announcement.
- Bullying, mobbing, foul language, & general rudeness will not be tolerated. This includes “snide remarks” about decks/playing ability, personal attacks, racial slurs, etc. A player will get 1 warning, then be ejected from event.
- Talking during other players games is discouraged. You may chat – within the guidlines above – within your own game. Violations by non event participants may be screenshot & reported to WotC for harassment.
- Results must be posted via Gatherling Player CP before intermission. Results posted in the Ham on Wry chat room, or via PM, will be ignored. Results not posted before intermission will be declared a 0-0 draw.
- WotC employees are welcome to play, but are ineligible for any prizes. We request no “shop talk”, unless prior arrangements are made.
- “Double Queueing” is not allowed. If you are found playing in another event, including WotC events, during Ham on Wry, you will be dropped from the event.